Preditor Orian P03-63,Issues with additional SSD. There is a conflict with the new SSD and the old

Options
MikeX322
MikeX322 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 11 in Predator Desktops

I have the Acer Preditor Orian P03-630 with a 512 Gb SSD plus a 1Tb Hard Drive. I have just added another SSD in the spare M.2 slot, I used a SK Hynix Platinum P41 2Tb SSD card.I chose this SSD as the 512 Gb drive supplied with the machine is also an SK Hynix and thought at least they would not conflict. The new drive claims to have a read peed of 7000 mb/s and write speed of 6000 mb/s in fact using the CristalDiskMark8 software shows I'm only clocking half the designed speed. Why am I not getting the full 7000/6000 mb/s as I would expect. Can anyone help please?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

BTW, it's PO as in Predator Orion, not P0 as in Predator Zero. :) The first M.2 slot is PCIe x4 4.0, the second is PCIe x4 3.0. The 3.0 slots maxes out at half the speed of the 4.0. You can either live with it as is or return the drive and get a 3.0 drive to save a bit of cash. Either way it will continue to run at the 3.0 speed.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

BTW, it's PO as in Predator Orion, not P0 as in Predator Zero. :) The first M.2 slot is PCIe x4 4.0, the second is PCIe x4 3.0. The 3.0 slots maxes out at half the speed of the 4.0. You can either live with it as is or return the drive and get a 3.0 drive to save a bit of cash. Either way it will continue to run at the 3.0 speed.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MikeX322
    MikeX322 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you for you information, at least I know its not an issue with any of the hardware.

I will keep the drive as its still running well at about 3580 mb/s ample for MSFS 2020 which I am running at present on my 512gb drive which I will shortly move to my new drive.

Thank you.