How to find the new partition made on D drive on Acer T3 715?

Kuen
Kuen Member Posts: 190 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

There are hard drives on Acer T3 715: one is the SSD and the other is SATA3 3.5 hard disk drive, capacity 1.0TB. I made partition on this SATA3 hard drive. Nowhere in the BIOS I can find the new partition.

How to find it, please?

Thanks.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer

How did you make the partitions on the SATA3 3.5 HDD? As you said that the HDD is not showing in windows, you need to go to Disk Management within windows, as the 3.5" SATA mechanical drive is there, and you need to initialize it and give it a drive letter like D:\ for the Windows File Explorer and bios to recognize this drive. This new drive will not be recognized by just plugging it into the desktop STA plugs, you need to initialize and give it a drive letter in Disk Management, its a very simple job. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Kuen

Thank you.

The partition is made by Windows' Hard Drive Manager. And the new partition is initialized as G: by the same Manager.

The issue is that there is no such a partition in BIOS.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer

If the partion was made in Disk Management as G:\ drive then it will show in File Explorer and it should work so that you can put files onto this drive.

The below bios cation is what you should have at Advanced Integrated Peripherals submenu section, as the HDDs should be listed as SATA Port 0, SATA Port 1 etc with all the other drives that are connected. If the drive is showing in File Exporter it will show in bios.

• Kuen
    edited January 11

Mr. StevenGen, thank you.

G:\ drive shows everywhere on the PC but in the BIOS.

No any hard drive is showing in the BIOS. Under Boot Priority Order, only (Windows Boot Manager) is present. Nothing else. Even alter the boot order, the only option available is CD or DVD. There is not even a trance of the new partition in the BIOS.

And, every word or letter in the BIOS is the same as it was before adding the new partition.

• Kuen

This is the photo of the Boot Options of the BIOS. Please point out where I might find the new partion, the G: drive. Many thanks.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

I don't think that you can see a partition in Bios, just device manager under Windows.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

The BIOS doesn't look at filesystems, so will not see a partition, only the drive itself.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kuen

Thank you.

Not to see the new partition or any relevant name or icon or anything, but how to find it and boot the OS on it if there is nothing to be seen in the boot option section of the BIOS?

• Kuen

Thank you.

An OS is installed onto the new partition. How to boot that OS if the partition is not listed in the boot option section?

• Kuen

Thank you.

How to boot an OS installed on a newly created partition?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Use the boot menu to choose which system to boot from, you might have to enable the boot menu in the BIOS, and you might have to edit your EFI boot list to show it in the menu. That's normally done during the OS install, so you shouldn't need to do it manually.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.