Nitro 5 AN515-57 freezing issue randomly crashes the whole system like complete freeze

Options
snipe35600
snipe35600 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 11 in Nitro Gaming

CPU: I5-11400H

GPU: rtx3050

ram: 16GB (changed)

Window 11 home

Hi, I bought this laptop for gaming and right now I started watching movies and stuff (not on the browser, downloaded ones) but unfortunately for some reason my laptop freezes completely while watching videos, It runs the video for a couple of seconds and randomly crashes the whole system like complete freeze can't even open task manager. my laptop is up to date with all updates for Windows and graphic drivers. I tried using different media players all do the same. I have to switch off the laptop by holding the power button and I won't like to do it too many times afraid of damaging it.

Any solutions.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Options

If you just bought this 2021 laptop (as its not a new model laptop from Acer) then go back to the retailer that you bought this laptop from as and get them to fix this under warranty, as this should not be happening with the Nitro 5 AN515-57 laptop. If you bought this laptop 2nd hand with no warranty, then make sure that you have the last BIOS Version 1.20 installed and see if that improves this fault.

If it doesn't then you need to do a Clean Install of Win-11 Version 23H2 on this laptop and reinstall all the windows updates, Intel drivers with the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant scan and install the latest NVidia Game Ready driver and GeForce Experience. Then try the oem windows media players like Windows Media Player or Windows Media Player Legacy first before you use the other 3rd party media players. As I've got a similar and virtually the same laptop the Nitro AN515-56 and I've never ever had this problem with my laptop and my Nitro has the 11th gen i7 and the RTX3050 gpu. Good luck and hope this helps you out

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍