In Acer EB321HQU Monitor, How to Set the Monitor to HDMI Only?

RykGroff
RykGroff Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 8 in Monitors

I have the Acer EB321HQU monitor, which I love, but there's one minor quirk: I only use HDMI for input, so is there a way to set HDMI as the default so it doesn't cycle through the other inputs all the time?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,003 Trailblazer

Hi @RykGroff excuse me but I don't understand the question, it uses the HDMI connection but the other two inputs, which are DP and DVI-D, do not interfere with the video.

Are you referring to the monitor or the computer?
    If the latter, you should connect via HDMI directly, not having to select the video output.

All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • RykGroff
    RykGroff Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm talking about the EB321HQU monitor. It cycles through all possible inputs (DisplayPort, DVI, etc.) before hitting HDMI, which is the only input I'm using. I want to make it so that my monitor only displays using the HDMI input and not the other unused inputs.

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,003 Trailblazer
    edited January 8

I think it refers to the fact that in the upper right corner of the screen the icons of the three inputs appear for a moment, this is normal and as far as I know it is not possible to prevent it since the monitor must "scan" the ports to know which one from them you are receiving the video signal.

All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,507 Trailblazer

Likely the computer isn't initializing the HDMI port until a little after the start of power up. The monitor looks at the last port used first, but doesn't see anything on the HDMI, so it starts the cycle. Once it gets through the cycle of trying all ports the HDMI has been initialized by the computer and the monitor can then see it. The only real solution is to power the monitor up just after powering up the computer, or living with the few seconds it takes.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.