Acer Aspire TC895-UA92 how I could be able find out which cpu coolers are compatible

M34nie
M34nie Member Posts: 6 New User

So I've had my rig for a while now and I think I'm in for a cpu cooler upgrade. I'm still using the stock intel cooler that came with my cpu and I was wondering if anyone knew how I could be able find out which cpu coolers are compatible with my setup or even just some examples of some that would work.

My rig: Acer Aspire TC895-UA92, the CPU is an i3-10100

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and add issue detail]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Your TC-895 uses a LGA1200 type of socket. Many of the gamers who hang out in our Predator forums have used the Noctua NH-U9S successfully in the smaller gaming desktops, so it might also fit in yours. You will have to do some measuring to verify you have the height available… You might also look at bumping that i3 up to a 10th gen i7 (i7-10700) for a bit of a boost in threaded apps at the same time. The 10th gen chips are just about old enough for them to be available on the secondary market…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Your TC-895 uses a LGA1200 type of socket. Many of the gamers who hang out in our Predator forums have used the Noctua NH-U9S successfully in the smaller gaming desktops, so it might also fit in yours. You will have to do some measuring to verify you have the height available… You might also look at bumping that i3 up to a 10th gen i7 (i7-10700) for a bit of a boost in threaded apps at the same time. The 10th gen chips are just about old enough for them to be available on the secondary market…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.