Nitro Gaming Performance Challenge -During extended gaming sessions there is FPS drop and stuttering

joeroot75
joeroot75 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 7 in Nitro Gaming

Hey Acer Community!

I recently got my hands on the Acer Nitro gaming laptop, and while it's been a fantastic addition to my gaming setup, I've encountered a performance issue that's been bothering me.

Issue:
During extended gaming sessions (particularly with resource-intensive games), I've noticed occasional frame drops and stuttering, which affects the overall gaming experience. It's not consistent but occurs sporadically, making it frustrating when it happens at critical moments in gameplay.

What I've Tried So Far:

1. Updated drivers and BIOS to the latest versions.
  2. Adjusted in-game graphics settings to optimize performance.
  3. Monitored CPU and GPU temperatures using third-party software - they seem within normal ranges.
  4. Ensured background applications are closed to free up system resources.

Despite these efforts, the problem persists, and I'm not sure what else to do to enhance the gaming performance on my Nitro laptop.

Specs:

• Acer Nitro Gaming Laptop
  • Intel Core i7 processor
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics card
  • 16GB RAM
  • 512GB SSD

Seeking Advice:

1. Are there specific settings or tweaks that can further optimize gaming performance on the Acer Nitro series?
  2. Any recommended software or utilities that could help diagnose and resolve intermittent performance issues?
  3. Could there be any underlying hardware-related concerns that might cause this problem?

I'd appreciate any guidance, tips, or insights from the community or anyone who has experience with optimizing gaming performance on Acer Nitro laptops. Let me know if more information is needed, and thank you in advance for your help!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers