Predator PO3-630 memory upgrade compatible requires XMP compatibility.

Options
WhiteZet
WhiteZet Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 5 in Predator Desktops

It seems that the motherboard on this prebuilt only supports jedec default profiles. Every single RAM stick I can find that seems about 1:1 compatible requires XMP compatability, which I seemingly do not have, but a lot of them do have a JEDEC profile still. Would running my current 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3200MHz, 22 cl, 1.2v sticks along with for example 2x8 gb 2400 MHZ, DDR4, 17 cl, 1.2v work just fine? I'm not sure if there are for example issues with performance.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,437 Trailblazer
    Options

I recommend you install 4x8GB-3200MHz (32GB total) all with the same bandwidth. Order and distribution of the models are important, you're correct XMP is not supported only standard JEDEC 3200MHz SODIMMs.

• WhiteZet
    Options

The issue arises with complete lack of any ram that matches these specifications. The closest I can find is ValueRAM: KCP432NS8/8 (DDR4 3200MT/s Non-ECC Unbuffered DIMM CL22 1RX8 1.2V 288-pin 8Gbit).
    Would buying 2 of those work?

I don't know what any of the non-ecc & unbuffered DIMM stuff means so I was skeptical of them. And if it doesn't work the only alternative I can see is to just try buy 2 sticks that don't entirely match due to a lack of matching ones, hence my original question.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

There are plenty of PC4-25600 JEDEC profile sticks available. The XMP sticks are also JEDEC, but their JEDEC profile has a lower base speed than the stuff you want. They often have a JEDEC profile at 2133MHz or 2400MHz instead of 3200MHz or 2933MHz or whatever. All desktop memory is likely to be non-ECC unbuffered, the ECC buffered memory is almost exclusively for server systems.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • WhiteZet
    Answer ✓
    Options

I checked that my RAM sticks were non-ecc, unbuffered & ordered 2 of the ram sticks I specified.
    Using CPU-Z it seems outside manufacturing differences they are an exact match, and I haven't had any issues yet.