Acer predator x34 (2015) - intermittent sound connected to MacBook Pro, Speakers just do not work?

steviephoto
steviephoto Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 10 in Predator Monitors

Hello! I have hooked up my acer predator x34 (2015) model to my MacBook Pro via display port to USB-C cable. The speakers just do not work, it's like someone is turning the volume from 0 to 100 over and over again in quick succession. Any idea what could be causing this?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• KJN9000000
    KJN9000000 Member Posts: 398 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Which speakers the ones on the Monitor or the ones on the macbook?

• KJN9000000
    KJN9000000 Member Posts: 398 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

There could be several reasons why you’re experiencing issues with the speakers on your Acer Predator X34. Here are some potential solutions:

NVIDIA Control Panel Settings: Go into the Start Menu and search for NVIDIA to bring up the NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL. Under the category: Display, click on: Set Up Digital Audio. Click on: Open Windows Sound Settings… Select Acer X34 then click on Set Default.

Audio Driver: The audio driver could be causing the issue. If you’re using an Nvidia GPU, consider doing a clean install of the drivers.

Connection Type: If you’re using HDMI or DisplayPort, the audio signal will be output in digital format, bypassing any external sound cards. You can have audio on X34 using DP or HDMI by choosing X34 as the playback audio device.

Remember, these are just potential solutions. The exact solution may vary depending on the specific issue you’re facing. If none of these solutions work, it might be a good idea to contact Acer’s customer support for further assistance 1 (866) 695-22371.