Kids 10.1 inch tablet - can't complete setup. cannot updated Google play service

Options
Binkle2023
Binkle2023 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 4 in Tablets

Have tried several times to start up a kid's 10.1 inch tablet. All goes fine until it comes to the final stage of updating Google play services it sits there for a while before stating that it can't update at the moment, try again later. It has down this several times.

Connection to the internet seems ok as have been able to link it to my Google account through the setup process.

This means I cannot access any settings etc. and appears like I'll have to send the tablet back as it is unusable in the current state.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options

> >I'll have to send the tablet back as it is unusable in the current state.> >>

Immediately return it to the vendor as defective for an exchange or refund before the vendor's return merchandise authorization RMA period expires. Usually only a few weeks. Warranty repair service usually takes longer than an RMA resolution.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

What tablet is it? Is it a really old one that's being repurposed?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.