Where can I find BIOS update for Acer TravelMate 5740-431G32Mnss.

Options
map0726
map0726 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 7 in TravelMate and Extensa

Hello, everyone! Where can I find BIOS update for Acer TravelMate 5740-431G32Mnss. I have tried to search in official driver & manuals page, but didn't find anything about BIOS update. All help is appreciated! 😀

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,870 Trailblazer
    Options

Support for Windows7 platform has been discontinued by Microsoft and Acer, you will have to use your present BIOS and driver versions or install Linux. Consider getting a new Windows11 laptop there are some very good deals on the web like the Acer Swift3 14" OLED for $600 or an Aspire3 for $300. 😉

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    edited January 3
    Options

The DriversHelp > Aspire 5740 site has all the derivers that you need, its the most comprehensive and compete driver site for old laptops and its got all the files that you will ever need for the Aspire 5750 or the 5750G.

Note: I take no responsibility for the quality of their files but they should be good as this site has a tremendous range of drivers for allot of manufacturers old laptops models. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,961 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, that model is from 2011 and too old to still be supported on Acer site. What makes you think you need a BIOS update? If it's been running all these years I can think of no reason…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.