travelmate-P449-M customized BIOS by prev owner. I get error while updating the BIOS

Options
2devil_2003
2devil_2003 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited January 3 in TravelMate and Extensa

I bought a laptop from a person and they had  customized the bios according to their needs and now I want to update the latest versions of bios but I am unable to do so because the person had changed the bios  name from (v 1.06)  to  (v 1.06_ho1 this is customed) and when i try to flash update my BIOS of the latest version (V1.08) the inside flash firmware tool displace in error {this BIOS is not for your notebook PC} please help me to solve this error as I want to update to the latest version.

Laptop/travelmate-P449-M

Current custom bios- V1.06_H01 

bios wanted- V1.08

Thanks in advance

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,961 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try creating a crisis recovery disk:

Note that if the BIOS you download is an .exe file, you can usually use a tool like 7-Zip to extract the files from it. Also the .rom file itself is usually a .fd file, just rename as suggested.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 2devil_2003

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you very much it helped me sorry for the late reply 😁😁😁 was to excited to have it done really thanks.👍

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,961 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try creating a crisis recovery disk:

Note that if the BIOS you download is an .exe file, you can usually use a tool like 7-Zip to extract the files from it. Also the .rom file itself is usually a .fd file, just rename as suggested.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 2devil_2003

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you very much it helped me sorry for the late reply 😁😁😁 was to excited to have it done really thanks.👍