Acer QG271 screen colours doesn't match Mackbook Pro

CyrilDos
CyrilDos Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 3 in Monitors

Hello everyone,

I recently bought an Acer QG271 to work with my 2018 15-inch Macbook Pro (references attached), I connect both with an Amazon Basic HDMI to USB-C cable but the colors of the Acer Screen are not the same.

I'm a graphic designer and I tried EVERY parameters from the screen menu over the past weeks and it is impossible to match both devices. Colors are completely off on the screen, purple/green/blues are totally differents from my Macbook Pro.

Do you have any idea of the issue here? What can I try?

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,107 Pathfinder

@CyrilDos

This monitor has a VA panel and less color gamut than the MacBook screen. It is mostly used for gaming with less response time but cannot provide an accurate color output for the graphics design.

You can check out the ConceptD monitor. It has a superior color accuracy that is perfect for graphics design. https://www.acer.com/us-en/conceptd/monitors/graphics/conceptd-cm2

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • CyrilDos
    CyrilDos Member Posts: 2 New User

@AnhEZ28 Thanks for the quick answer, and sorry about the delay I just discovered that all Acer mails were in the spam ;)

Thanks for the info, I've been badly advised by a seller who told me colors would be accurate. If I knew I would have order a ConceptD monitor. Now I have this screen on my hands but I will think about it as it's more expensive.