ED240QS3 Black borders around my screen tried changing computer resolution to restarting my computer

Options
Expannnn
Expannnn Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited January 2 in Monitors

i have this black border that goes all around my screen and i cant get it to go away i went from changing the computer resolution to restarting my computer, and it really seems to be a problem with the monitor it self, could anyone please help me ?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,678 Trailblazer
    Options

Boot in Safe mode to see if there is a black border. If this is an external monitor connected with a DMI cable you have to change the settings on the monitor OSD menu, if this is your laptop panel you should uninstall the display drivers in Safe Mode with DDU and just reboot.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,933 Pathfinder
    Options

@Expannnn

That is the screen bezel. Normal LCD will have a bit of black edge bezel around it.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Expannnn

Tinkerer

Options

@AnhEZ28 its not normal, wasnt there untill two days ago, i got this monitor from walmart about 3 weeks ago and it was working just fine.. the monitor i have is the ED240QS3

• Expannnn

Tinkerer

Options

@Puraw how do i boot in safe mode?? if your talking about my monitor there is nothing in the settings as in safe mode

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,933 Pathfinder
    Options

@Expannnn

Are you really sure about it? There is a black border edge in the product advertisement. Or can you show the problem more visiblily?

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Expannnn

Tinkerer

Options

@AnhEZ28 here tell me what you think, iv learned to live with it ig, but it would be cool to know if there was a fix for this

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,340 Trailblazer
    Options

That looks like the normal bezel to me…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.