Acer 27 During shipping monitor mount broke.Is it possible to get a replacement part.

Options
GerryK61
GerryK61 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in Monitors

Hello

I just received my Acer 27 in monitor from Amazon. During shipping the Mount broke because item wasn't packaged properly from factory. Bubble wrap could have prevented this.

Anyhow the Monitor still works perfectly. And because Amazon didn't have a replacement, They offered me a partial refund.

Is it possible to get a replacement part?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,340 Trailblazer
    Options

What is the exact model number on your KB272? There should be more letters after those… I can't tell from your pictures of the problem is cosmetic only or functional.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GerryK61
    GerryK61 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

It was delivered today from Amazon in 15F weather. And as soon as i picked up the sealed box I could hear rattling.

Yes it's cosmetic. The Monitor works perfectly!

But if Acer bubble wrapped items. This would have never happened.

I got a small refund, because they didn't have another to send me.

The main reason for this post, Is hoping that Acer corrects this so that this doesn't happen to anyone else.

If I can't get a replacement part, I guess I'm stuck shelling out more cash for a Vesa mount.

Just a little bummed about the whole thing.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,340 Trailblazer
    Options

In all the monitors I've purchased from Acer over the years, they come with Styrofoam blocks that fit snugly to the sides and plastic bags around the interior pieces. I've never had an issue with them and I've got close to a dozen monitors around here… I wonder if yours was used by the delivery people as a football. :(

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.