TMP215-41 Where can I find new m.2 standoff that will fit?broke off the screw in the m.2 standoff

Options
deonild
deonild Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2023 in TravelMate and Extensa

I broke off the screw in the m.2 standoff when upgrading drive. Where can I find a new m.2 standoff that will fit? I bought a general pack of standoffs on Amazon and none fit.

Thanks!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023
    Options

This is how you replace the M.2 SSD drive as you only supposed to apply a Torque Quantity of 2.0±10%KGF/CM on this screw of the M.2 SSD drive of your TravelMate P215-41 laptop😁you need to be gentle, as a laptop aint a truck😁, here is the screw that is needed, its a M2.0*3.0 type screw, look it up on the web with that description as they are for sale on eBay and Amazon. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

There are two types of M.2 standoffs, M2 and M2.5. As Steven shows, you need the M2 standoff.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • deonild
    Options

i ordered another m2 standoffs/screw kit and again none fit.

I think I may need m2.5 , going to order one of those kit next

• deonild
    Options

From this kit from amazon, the "Asus M.2" too small must be m2.0. the "MSI M.2" too big must be m3.0 I'm thinking. have not seen a kit with acer standoff/ label

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

The M.2 spec calls for either M2 or M2.5 screws. Likely yours are M2.5 instead of the smaller size.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • deonild
    Options

Yes! It is m2.5! had to order separate pack of standoffs and screws. kits I saw with both only had long ones for the 2.5's

standoff fits, tomorrow will have screw and she'll be rip roarin again!