Nitro 5 AN515-54-73KE screen upgrade Is it possible to fit a 4K screen?

Options
SIngram
SIngram Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hi,
Just looking at upgrading the screen on my laptop. It is currently a 60.03Hz 'AUO21ED' IPS screen.

GTX1650 graphics card

Just wondering what a viable upgrade would be?
I've ordered a 40-pin adaptor cable to change from the 30pin one.

Would any 15.6' 144HZ 1080p screen be OK?
Is it possible to fit a 4K screen?

Thanks

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,991 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The screen number that you have given is not the part number of the screen fitted to your AN515-54 laptop. If you have a Nitro AN515-54 laptop that has a screen with a 60Hz refresher rate then you can't upgrade it to a 144Hz refresher rate screen that the highlighted AN515-54 screens below are that also have a 40-pin video connector, as it will not connect to your 30-pin screen mainboard plug.

The Nitro AN515-54 comes with either a 30-pin video connector and a 60Hz refresher rate screen or a 40-pin video connector and a 144Hz refresher rate which are the highlighted screens below. The GTX1650 gpu can work with a 144Hz, 165Hz and up to 240Hz refresher rate screen. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

All the Vendors and Model name screens fitted to the Nitro AN515-54 laptop:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• StevenGen
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The screen number that you have given is not the part number of the screen fitted to your AN515-54 laptop. If you have a Nitro AN515-54 laptop that has a screen with a 60Hz refresher rate then you can't upgrade it to a 144Hz refresher rate screen that the highlighted AN515-54 screens below are that also have a 40-pin video connector, as it will not connect to your 30-pin screen mainboard plug.

The Nitro AN515-54 comes with either a 30-pin video connector and a 60Hz refresher rate screen or a 40-pin video connector and a 144Hz refresher rate which are the highlighted screens below. The GTX1650 gpu can work with a 144Hz, 165Hz and up to 240Hz refresher rate screen. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

All the Vendors and Model name screens fitted to the Nitro AN515-54 laptop:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• SIngram
    SIngram Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 27
    Options

Thanks I upgraded to a 40pin connector and got a 165Hz 1440p screen :)

• StevenGen
    Options

Glad to help you out and that your laptop is at 165Hz refresher rate, which should be a better screen, give us a like as appreciation thanks👍

• BrunoCorreiaArantes
    BrunoCorreiaArantes Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

hey StevenGen

could you help me? I have a Acer Predator PH315-52-748E, (i7 9750h, GTX 1660ti, 64GB, SSD 1TB, 15.6") and i want to change/replace my Full HD Screen to a brand new 4k Screen, please help me!

on System manager > Screen > Monito generic pnp> Propriety > Details> Hardware ID, i got:"MONITOR\AUO20ED". My screen is not Touch.

Im a TI guy, i replace so many screens on laptop, but never did a upgrade, could help me with some partnumbers, models or links. Thanks