Acer M4 4618g Audio Driver W10 Can someone help me identify the proper audio driver associated

Options
ghcavay
ghcavay Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2023 in Legacy Desktops

Can someone help me identify the proper audio driver associated for my desktop? I have tried using the driver support page but none of the ones there work.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• ghcavay
    Options

Also to add Windows update does not find anything either.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

I'm guessing you mean the Veriton M4618G, a desktop from 2011? What does Device Manager show for the audio devices?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ghcavay
    edited January 3
    Options

Yes that is correct.

• billsey
    Options

Right click each of those and bring up properties. Go to the Details tab and select Hardware IDs. Search using those hardware IDs for drivers. That will usually find them…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ghcavay
    Options

Well after checking each one I ended up finding the audio is a Realtek ALC662. My suspicion is that the W10 22H2 update knocked out the HD audio. Prior to this everything was fine. Tried several drivers using the R2.82, R.2.81, and tried older ones just to check but to no avail.

• billsey
    Options

If you search for Realtek ALC662 drivers you should just need to verify you are getting the right 32bit or 64bit version. It's always possible your hardware is broken as well…