What to do with my acer travelmate p214, keeps turning on like restarting after a shutdown?

Options
jho_623
jho_623 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an acer travelmate p214 laptop AMD ryzen pro5, i had it for one and a half year, and last night i encountered this problem, my laptop turns on like restarting after a shutdown, i already disabled the fast start up, but it won't work, so I had to turn it off through the power button, like a force shutdown after i close all my files, that's the time that it closed but i'm afraid that by doing this it will have a problem with the system of my laptop. What should I do? Any help? Thank you.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

I'm not sure what you are asking… When you turn the system off with a long press of the power button, it gets turned fully off and will start from scratch the next time you turn it on. That is the expected behavior. Are you saying that your system will not shut down properly with the Windows shut down command? Are you saying it doesn't shut down properly with a Hibernate? With a Sleep? Does it sleep or hibernate right, but won't wake up properly? Can you show us what settings your have for your power options, where it has the check marks for fast startup, etc.?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.