Acer predator 15 g9-593 not starting up, My laptop shuts down after just turning it on

Options
Miloett
Miloett Member Posts: 6 New User
edited December 2023 in Predator Laptops

My laptop shuts down after just turning it on

Is there anyway to fix/save it ?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,919 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Have you replaced the battery in the 7 years? If not, that is probably why the laptop won't boot, I recommend getting a new battery first and if still booting issues do the procedure below: https://www.laptopbatterydirect.net/acer/acer-predator-15-g9-593-battery.htm

Power drain, SODIMM slots check + CMOS reset: Open the back of the laptop and disconnect the battery cable from the motherboard. Locate the CMOS module (with 2 twisted wires Red and Black under the battery) and remove the coin battery. Shorten the +/- contacts inside the CMOS capsule for 2 seconds with a bended paperclip and put the coin battery back with the + sign facing up, close the CMOS capsule. Unseat and firmly insert the 2 DDR4 modules in the 2 slots. Next, press the Power Button on the keyboard for 10-15 seconds after that reconnect the battery cable to the motherboard. Close the laptop, plug-in the adapter and try to boot.

Answers

• Puraw
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Have you replaced the battery in the 7 years? If not, that is probably why the laptop won't boot, I recommend getting a new battery first and if still booting issues do the procedure below: https://www.laptopbatterydirect.net/acer/acer-predator-15-g9-593-battery.htm

Power drain, SODIMM slots check + CMOS reset: Open the back of the laptop and disconnect the battery cable from the motherboard. Locate the CMOS module (with 2 twisted wires Red and Black under the battery) and remove the coin battery. Shorten the +/- contacts inside the CMOS capsule for 2 seconds with a bended paperclip and put the coin battery back with the + sign facing up, close the CMOS capsule. Unseat and firmly insert the 2 DDR4 modules in the 2 slots. Next, press the Power Button on the keyboard for 10-15 seconds after that reconnect the battery cable to the motherboard. Close the laptop, plug-in the adapter and try to boot.

• Miloett
    Options

Thank you for answering

Is the battery so important can't i run it with the AC only (ignoring the battery)

• Puraw
    Options

You're welcome, some laptops will run when the battery is disconnected, the problem is with BIOS and MS ACPI battery control also Power Plan will switch to energy saver at some point and turn off the adapter resulting in a crash and data loss, not worth the risk for $46. 😉

• Miloett
    Options

I totally agree with you but i live in morocco shipping is my biggest concern

• Miloett
    Options

Even with disconnecting it it doesn't run

• Miloett
    Options

Update just found out that the laptop runs fine when closed also i think there's a problem with the back lights