Acer Predator Helios 300 (PH315-55) Is PredatorSense still available for Windows 10?

Options
lukatolitch
lukatolitch Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in Windows 10

I’ve recently (December 2023) bought an Acer Predator Helios 300 (PH315-55) laptop, but I  had to install Windows 10 Pro on it, since some of the crucial software I use in my everyday work does not yet work on Windows 11.

The problem is that I’ve been unable to find the PredatorSense software for Windows 10: the only version available on Acer's website is the one for Windows 11.

My question: is the version of PredatorSense software for Windows 10 available somewhere, or has it become obsolete (since Microsoft said it won’t support Windows 10 anymore and there’s been some problems with using PredatorSense on Windows 10 reported)?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Windows 10 isn't officially supported with the chipset in your Helios. Although it likely will mostly work there are liable to be glitches. You might be able to trick PS into installing, but again you are on your own for that… Try the PH315-54 version, with appropriate folder renaming, to match the -55.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

Windows 10 isn't officially supported with the chipset in your Helios. Although it likely will mostly work there are liable to be glitches. You might be able to trick PS into installing, but again you are on your own for that… Try the PH315-54 version, with appropriate folder renaming, to match the -55.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • lukatolitch
    lukatolitch Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

@billsey Thanks! This is precisely what I wanted to know! For the moment, I think I’ll rather try to upgrade my OS to Windows 11 (with certain disruptions in my usual workflow and applications used), since this is something I’d have to do anyway in the near future, and because I might mess something up if I try to install the inadequate version of PredatorSense on Windows 10. Thanks again!

• billsey
    Options

Glad I could be of some help. Hopefully the software vendor will update to work with W11, I can't image what they did wrong to make it break…