Acer aspire x3200 desktop Where to obtain schematics

ploppy
ploppy Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

could someone please advise where I can get the schematics for an Acer aspire x3200 desktop, ant help would be appreciated

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Schematics for any of the Acer motherboards aren't available. The X3200 is an old enough system (2008 I believe) that even the service guide is no longer available from Acer. What are you running into with it?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ploppy

Tinkerer

billsey, thanks for the reply, pity I can’t dig one of those out. I have an x3200 I know it’s oldish but suits for some little jobs I have for it, and, form is nice and small. Well suddenly it would not boot and fan was running very fast at attempted boot. I cleared the cmos and was able to boot into bios, no hard drives or cd seen, attempted to change date etc., seemed to change but on boot it would again revert to this state of no boot unable access bios and fan running extremely fast. If I reset cmos again could get into bios but same scenario prevailed. Have looked fit motherboard but none seem available, Have checked all power supplies when up all are within tolerance but have not checked rails prior to and during boot process but it would appear that pwrok is valid otherwise they would not all come up I presume. I would attempt to trace problem if I had schematic. Thanks for your interest any help would be appreciated.

• billsey

Replace the CMOS battery, it sounds like it's not keeping the data stable between boots.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ploppy

Tinkerer

billsey, I have done that twice just to make sure and checked batteries still same problem that is why I wanted to look at the circuit diagram, as hdd not being recognised in bios. Thanks once again

• billsey

Are you sure the HDD is working? Can you try it on another machine or in an external case?

• ploppy

Tinkerer

yes, tried hdd in another system worked fine and cd along with cables and power supply connected from another system same effect. As mentioned if I clear the cmos or remove battery etc. and then boot I get into bios, cos nothing in cmos, if I change date, drives will not be seen but hoped it would indicate that, the system then restarts do action, like delete to enter bios, but fan is running really fast. One thing I will try later is to revert to factory setting and see what effect it is. I am thinking the write to cmos or clocks have gone up the swanie. Any help is really appreciated thanks for your interest