Predator Helios 16 - Realtek Audio Drivers Not Working,system recognizes that I have realtek speaker

Options
RCHUCPCOG
RCHUCPCOG Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in Predator Laptops

This is driving me nuts but I have installed the recent Realtek drivers, the old drivers too, the system recognizes that I have realtek speakers, I've done the bios reset, and nothing works. I get zero sounds.

But hey, my Razor Nari headset is instantly recognized and works great.

Any advice on how I can get the external speakers working without having to do a factory reset? I'm not sure that will even work if the windows 11 update and latest drivers are not working either.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,921 Trailblazer
    Options

"how I can get the external speakers working", you mean the internal (integrated) speakers, since your headset is working, external speakers must work too? Last resort; try installing an older RTK audio driver version from Acer Support but go offline before rebooting otherwise Windows will reinstall the latest RTK drivers again. Did you try to uninstall RTK drivers in Safe Mode with DDU? You may have an incompatible or duplicate RTK driver in your driver repository keeping Windows from installing the right one: Once you have uninstalled with DDU all RTK and Intel's display bundle that also contain audio drivers used by Realtek audio, make sure internet is working and just reboot, Windows should reinstall everything: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091878/graphics.html

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023
    Options

The audio in your Predator Helios which I presume is the model PH16-71 I is NOT only governed by the Realtek audio driver, if you install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and you look in this software's Device Drivers > Audio you will see that there are Intel, NVIDIA Realtek drivers that contribute to your sound drivers, so you have to make sure that your Intel and NVIDIA drivers are up to date and you havent corrupted them, so refresh these drivers through Device Manager::

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

If you go to System > Sound > Output you can chose the appropriate speakers that are within your laptop or any speakers attached to your laptop to play audio, its a very simple setting.