Acer Aspire c27 1655 screen issues,red lines are constantly flickering on the screen

Options
Djo099
Djo099 Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in All-In-One PCs

Hello! I have an Acer Aspire C 27 1655 PC, and something strange is happening with my screen, red lines are constantly flickering on the screen, especially noticeable with dark colors on the screen.. so what could it be? this is a screenshot from the screen

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

A screenshot won't tell us anything unless the artifacts actually show up in it. Your image just looks like a black box… If the artifacts show in a screen shot then the issue is likely in the drivers or the image being displayed, if the issues don't show in a screen shot but do when you take a picture with your phone or a camera then the issues are more likely hardware than software.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Djo099

Tinkerer

Options

these red lines appear randomly with dark colors, on the first screen this is a video on YouTube “10 hours of black screen” and you can see that there are red lines around the player window, here is a screenshot from the Windows desktop, here there are red lines on the taskbar and around open windows. The screenshot is taken not with the phone but with the Windows + PrintScreen buttons

• Djo099

Tinkerer

Options

Sorry, it turns out that if you take a screenshot from your computer it’s not visible, I took the photo from my phone

• Djo099

Tinkerer

Options

With wallpaper

• Djo099

Tinkerer

Options

and here Screens name looks so strange , what is PAN? I have never met before

• Djo099

Tinkerer

Options

Sometimes is normal

• billsey
    Options

OK, let's force an reinstall on both of the graphics chipsets, just in case the driver settings are corrupted. Go into Device Manager and delete the Intel Iris Xe. Reboot so it gets reinstalled, the delete the Nvidia MX330 and reboot again. See if that clears it up and let us know.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Djo099

Tinkerer

edited December 2023
    Options

I reinstalled even windows from 11 to 10, I think it is hardware issues.. because red lines are in bios, or when I press the power button

• billsey
    Options

Yeah, the artifacts don't look like what we would normally see with a bad eDP cable between the motherboard and screen. Can you test with an external HDMI monitor or TV?

• Djo099

Tinkerer

Options

I tested with an external HDMI monitor , second works without the artifacts

• Djo099

Tinkerer

Options

With second monitor

• billsey
    Options

OK, so we know for sure it's hardware in the main system. That leaves the cable that runs between motherboard and display and the display itself. The cable itself is Acer part number 50.BGHD6.001, the screen 6M.BGHD6.001. To get inside first remove the stand:

The the screws for the bezel:

From there you pry the cover off:

From there the cable that goes to the LCD is #17 on this diagram:

You could try reseating the cable a bunch of times to wipe off any corrosion that may be there…

• Djo099

Tinkerer

Options

After I disconnected the screen cable, the computer stood turned off for several days, and after I assembled the computer, the screen worked normally for about an hour. Then the red lines appeared again

• billsey
    Options

The the issue is more likely hardware with the display itself, possibly heat related. :( Maybe just keep on using it with an external display until you can get a replacement?

• Djo099

Tinkerer

Options

I was thinking, is it possible to use this as a second monitor, connect it to the laptop as a second monitor and see if there are problems with the screen, completely excluding the hardware of this computer?

• Djo099

Tinkerer

Options

I also noticed when I was disassembling the computer that the connector for connecting to the display is located directly under the processor, and the processor on this model gets very hot, even in normal Internet surfing, as there is constant noise from the processor cooler. Could the processor temperature somehow affect this?

• Djo099

Tinkerer

Options

and if I decide to change the display on it, where can I buy it and what is the price? Does Acer even sell displays?

• billsey
    Options

It doesn't look like you can use this as an external monitor for another computer. There is only an HDMI-Out port, not an HDMI-In.

Heat isn't likely to affect the connector, unless there is some type of corrosion that is heat sensitive. The LCD module itself is likely available from various different suppliers, though it may not be cost effective to replace unless you can find a good used on on the secondary market. Here is Acer's part number:

• Djo099

Tinkerer

Options

I just looked at the prices of the screen, for this price I can get the same working computer on the secondary market.. anyway thank you!

• billsey
    Options

That's fairly typical… Though at some point the secondary market will have the screens as well as spare parts.