DISM fails I've tried power reset, scannow, dism, restart, troubleshooter, nothing worked.

Options
TeknoClan
TeknoClan Member Posts: 51 Troubleshooter
edited December 2023 in Predator Laptops

I've tried power reset, scannow, dism, restart, troubleshooter, nothing worked. Please help I don't know what to do.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,437 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023
    Options

Disable all bloatware and 3rd-party AV software, trial programs and browsers other than Edge, make sure all Windows Security features have green tick marks and Defender is enabled with all options checked.

Go online and make sure internet is working, open the Command Prompt as Administrator and paste this:
    Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and press Enter, if this does not complete successfully rerun the command till it does. Then paste this in the command prompt window; SFC /scannow and press Enter. This must complete with …."did not find any integrity violations" If not, rerun till you see that and try to install the update again. If nothing works restore the system to an earlier date before the update. Type Restore, click on "Create a Restore Point" and click on System Restore with a date. Run Check for updates again. If your system cannot be repaired with SFC you have to Reset this PC, type Reset in Search.