predator helios 300 ph315-54-760S new motherboard Where can I find one?

LongGo53
LongGo53 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in Predator Laptops

Where can I find one? One with i7-11800 and RTX 3060 since mine was broken while being repaired, and the owner refuses to pay.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,505 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023

Your model Predator Helios 300 PH315-54-760S has a i7-11800H / RTX 3060 6GB VRAM, GDDR6 gpu mainboard and its Acer part # is NB.QC211.002 or the other board with the RTX3060 8GB gpu is the board Acer part #: NB.QC111.002, so search these part numbers on the web. But and I don't know what is wrong with your existing mainboard, as the PH315-54-760S model is only a new Acer model, you should seriously consider getting the existing mainboard fixed as and unless your existing mainboard has a burned out cpu, gpu or chipset, all other components on the mainboard can be changed and fixed.

Be aware, that these Predator mainboards ARE NOT CHEAP as you should consider looking at buying a 2nd hand PH315-54 laptop as they could be cheaper to buy or even looking at buying a brand new PH315-54-760S laptop, as one of the main Acer parts sellers ZANDPARTS the PH315-54 mainboard costs 2385.66 EUR + shipping as a new replacement mainboard, and this Predator Helios 300 PH315-54-760S laptop is still selling NEW at Acer for $1,299.99 which is USD $1,322.57 cheaper than a PH315-54-760S mainboard. You can look for a replacement board somewhere else, but imo you would be better off baying a new exact replacement laptop as its cheaper. Good luck and hope I've helped you out.

These are all the model mainboards fitted to the PH315-54

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• LongGo53
    LongGo53 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I've had my computer since Feb. of 2022, and with playing a lot of games I finally reached the point of reapplying thermal paste on the CPU and GPU. When I went to have it reapplied by a "professional" he broke something involving the motherboard as it would not charge nor turn on anymore. It was working perfectly fine before giving it to him.

So, I took it to another tech shop and that's what they told me. They said they couldn't find anything "specifically wrong" but it had to be a motherboard issue. I've tried everything since then. Hard reset, checking wires, you name it. At this point, it's sadly gone. That's what brought me here looking for a new motherboard. I appreciate your response and care in how much it is. Sadly, as I'm currently paying for college and living at this time, it may look like I'll have to stop playing games for quite some time. I appreciate your time in helping me. I hope you have a wonderful day.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,505 Trailblazer

That is very unfortunate what has happened to you, as you should have made the first technician responsible for damaging your mainboard and he must have shorted a major component out that has made your mainboard inoperable! All you can do imo is to send your mainboard to a reputable internet technician like Alex at NorthbridgeFix or consult Sorin Electronics as he repairs mainboards also and replaces components.

So, get a quote from these people and also look at their YouTube channels and see what work they do, as I'm sure that they will be able to fix your PH315-54 mainboard, that is if you have other faults than a burned out cpu. gpu or a chipset. Otherwise, your only other alternative is that you need to buy a new laptop for USD $1299.99 from Acer.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍