Power issues with Predator X32 monitor switch off the power-strip, and will start up mostly frozen

lymanalpha
lymanalpha Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in Predator Monitors

I've had an issue where when I unplug the monitor directly or switch off the power-strip, the monitor will start up mostly frozen. The predator logo is displayed but no buttons functions and nothing displayed from the computer. You can't turn it off with the power button. I have unplugged it and tried to do a power reset by holding down the power button with it unplugged but no change.

I actually returned one monitor because of this issue and now the second one has it as well. The only way I've found to get it out of this fugue state is to plug in a firmware-update USB-stick. With that there, it will re-run through an update and then will work fine.

I just had a brief power outage a little while ago and it happened again. I'm glad I figured out a way to fix it, and maybe that will help others with this problem, but I'd rather not have to. Power interruptions shouldn't eff up modern hardware like this.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]