Acer nitro 5 an515-58 temperature issues, cpu temp about 8. like 2 month ago the temp are high

Options
Keiniks12
Keiniks12 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hello, i bought acer nitro 5 an515-58 laptop like 7 months ago and like 2 months ago i start to check my temps and get worried about my cpu temps, i got i5 12500h cpu, i am using hwinfo and msi afterburner, afterburner while gaming show cpu temps like 80-85 degrees, but hwinfo panel shows me averrage cpu temp about 80, but it spikes sometimes to red and 100 degrees, depends what game i am playing and also it shows thermal throttling and i am worried about that, idk its safe or not, because while playing i got about 85 degrees, but it spikes quite high, i dont have any isses while gaming, dont have like fps drops or pc shutdowns, i dont want to ruined my laptop, want some solutions what to do, its quite new, i am playing on battery best performance, plugged in and nitrosense set to performance mode.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,592 Trailblazer
    Options

Under heavy loads, CPU temps should remain below ~92°C and GPU below ~86°C as reported by the NitroSense app, not 3rd party apps.

Jack E/NJ

• Keiniks12

Tinkerer

Options

as far as I have heard that nitrosense temperature data is not the most accurate and whether thermal throttling does not endanger my laptop and whether temperature spikes are good, because the nitrosense application tends to show a maximum temperature of 90 degrees to 100 degrees under heavy load

• JackE
    Options

Haven't seen any proof that NitroSense is any more inaccurate than 3rd party freebies.

But 90 OK for CPU. 100 is not. Raise laptop about an inch above a hard surface taking care not to block any intake or exhaust vents to try to keep temps under 92 for the CPU, 86 for the GPU under heavy load.

Jack E/NJ

• Keiniks12

Tinkerer

Options

I am using cooling pad, like while gaming average temps are normals, bet i worry about regulary temp spikes from 95-100 degrees, it spikes and drop back to normal temp, but hit thermal throttling and dont think its a good sign, i want fix this problem, but i dont wanna lose any performance.

• JackE
    Options

I am using cooling pad,

Check base cover for air exhaust vents. Cooling pads can actually block airflow in & out due to counter flows. Best to simply raise laptop about an inch above a hard surface. I use a toaster oven wire grate for raising mine.

Jack E/NJ

• Keiniks12

Tinkerer

edited April 30
    Options

4 games of playing pubg, wiith coolingpad, performance mode in nitro sense and best performance in battery plan first 2 games goes okey, bet last 2 starts to heatup

• JackE
    Options

What does NitroSense report?

Jack E/NJ

• Keiniks12

Tinkerer

Options

nitrosense report nothing just max temp 90 degrees without any temp spikes, idk all what i worry about most is the thermal throttlings, hwmonitor max temps shows around 92-95 degrees . Dont feel any issues while playing, like fps drops or something else, idk what to do, mby i need to send laptop to warranty?

• JackE
    Options

If you're not experiencing throttling behavior, blue screens or automatic shutdowns, then CPU is in fact not exceeding 92° and GPU 86° under heavy load.

Accordingly, you may want to reconsider your assumption that a 3rd party freeware app —- that is NOT specifically designed for the proprietary Acer mainboard, bios chip & firmware —- must somehow be more accurate than a proprietary Acer sensing app specifically designed for this Acer mainboard and temperature sensing hardware.

Furthermore, you may also want to reconsider your use of a cooling pad if you can feel warm air exhaust blowing downward from the bottom of the laptop. Cooling pads blow air upward which would be counter flow that can actually impede laptop cooling.

Jack E/NJ

• Keiniks12

Tinkerer

Options

Ok, mby i focuse more on nitrosense not o 3rd apps, ye i dont have any bluescreens and shutdowns. Mby i need some better coolingpad, playing pubg on msi afterburner my fps stays stable and dont feel any fps drops or slutter

• JackE
    Options

(1) Test laptop with NO cooling pad.

(2) Raise laptop about an inch above hard surface.

(3) Don't block intake or exhaust vents on bottom.

Jack E/NJ

• Keiniks12

Tinkerer

Options

Test this out, for some time it works fine and after like 4 matches of gaming it stills starts to spike temps to 100 degrees, hwinfo and hwmonitor shows max temp again 96-100 and thermal throttling, but average temp 70-75 in cs2. Thats so annoying, dont wanna ruine my laptop, mby my thermal paste is really dried out , idk

• JackE
    Options

What CPU & GPU temperatures does NitroSense app show under heavy gaming load?

Thermal paste should be replaced annually as regular maintenance if machine is heavily gamed.

Jack E/NJ

• Keiniks12

Tinkerer

Options

Gpu temps ar fine, only cpu temps is high, nitrosense cpu temp shows max 89 while gaming, but 3rd apps show 96-100 degrees. My thermal paste has not been changed like 7 months

• JackE
    Options

Should be OK if NitroSense stays below 92°C max with no evidence of thermal throttling, blue screens or automatic shutdowns.

Jack E/NJ

• Keiniks12

Tinkerer

Options

the computer has never shut down, I just don't understand why hwmonitor and hwinfo show the maximum temperature of 96-100 I have been playing for a long time, of course the average temperature is generally only up to 80 degrees.  but hwinfo shows thermal throttling when reaching 90+ degrees

• JackE
    Options

I just don't understand why hwmonitor and hwinfo show…

Generic 3rd party freeware monitors are not always as accurate as Acer factory OEM monitors specifically designed for the proprietary Acer mainboard configurations.

Jack E/NJ

• Santarth
    Santarth Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Just had a problem with mine. Same model, same high temperatures while gaming, even with cooling pads. Then it suddenly shutdown and never turned on again. I'm sending it to the Acer Repair Center in my country. I'm really disappointed though, its supposed to handle gaming, that's why we pay more for those laptops.

Did all the temperature monitoring through Nitro Sense, did hit the 100ºC mark and the system didn't do much to get it down

• JackE
    Options

Cooling pads are not recommended because they can produce counter-flows to laptop exhaust vents if located on bottom of laptop. Counter-flows from cooling pads can completely stop airflows inside the laptop case and actually cause overheating.

Jack E/NJ

• Raivix
    Raivix Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

Got same problem here, send laptop to warranty, they changed thermal paste, ventilators, thermal module, pickup laptop yesterday, benchmark some games like cod warzone and still my temperstures reach 100 degrees , when i set settings like on high it drops fps feel laggy, reach high temps, even on max low settings temps are around 95- 100 degrees, i am using best performance in battery power plan. But when i use best power effieciency mode, temps are fine, no thermal thorttling, but not that great performance, this is so annoying, get 1400 euro laptop and still cant even play normally.