replacement fan helios 300 ph315-52 cpu.Cpu fan will either be loud rattling or wont even run

Options
thundr102
thundr102 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2023 in Predator Laptops

on the fan i think i got the wrong number but had NS85C06 but googled around and also found 23.Q7KN2.001 dont know if that ones relevant but its cpu fan will either be loud rattling or wont even run right because in predator sense says rpm below 200 no sound and no air out but i would also like to ask is there a metal fan for the cpu as a replacement i could buy yes/no just help me get a trustworthy link i dont wanna buy the wrong thing xD

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,832 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

@thundr102

The CPU side does not produce a lot of heat as the GPU, so it uses a plastic fan. There is no metal fan part for the CPU.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    Options

@thundr102

You can watch the below video for the fan cleaning before replacing it. Most of the replacement fans are the plastic ones. It is rare and expensive to get the original metal fan.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • thundr102
    Options

@AnhEZ28 it was for my cpu side which was bought with a plastic fan already there and i had already taken the fan out and cleaning it but most of all instead of plastic id like to switch it to a metal fan

• AnhEZ28
    Options

@thundr102

The part number for the metal fan is NS85C28, 23.Q5MN4.001. Make sure that it has the Delta logo on it.

• thundr102
    Options

@AnhEZ28 thank you i'll try to look around for it but do you by chance have any preferred sites to buy the laptop parts

• thundr102
    Options

actually that was the number for the gpu fan on the right side im looking for a metal fan for the cpu if there is one to replace the plastic cpu fan on the left i want to swap for metal instead of plastic if possible

• AnhEZ28
    Answer ✓
    Options

@thundr102

The CPU side does not produce a lot of heat as the GPU, so it uses a plastic fan. There is no metal fan part for the CPU.