camera/microphone.WIN11 64x will not recognize the camera/microphone on my CB242Y

Options
Blaine2111
Blaine2111 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited December 2023 in Monitors

my HP Gaming PC TG01-1160xt running WIN11 64x will not recognize the camera/microphone on my CB242Y I have downloaded the drivers but obviously I am doing something wrong

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• Blaine2111
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for all the help I was totally dumbfounded by the whole thing

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,329 Trailblazer
    Options

Do you have the USB cable connected? It's needed for both.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Blaine2111
    Options

Need both? I have HDMI cable connected

• Blaine2111
    Options

Wouldn't U know I have a whole box of cables but no USB/USB cord long enough to reach my PC Will definitely get 1 & use your suggestion . I didn't see anything about needing both cords, just Plug/Play

• billsey
    Options

There should have been a cable included with the monitor. USB is for the data from the camera and mic, HDMI doesn't support those signals.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Blaine2111
    Options

My ACER CB242 Y Has a left input that

has a USB symbol But the Manual states it is a USB 2.0 Hub (Square shaped) Only a HDMI cable was included Thanks for all the help

• billsey
    Options

Yes, that is a USB-B connector. There should have been a cable for it packaged with the monitor. Hit up a local thrift store and pick one up, it will be USB-B on one side and USB-A on the other. Similar to this one.

• Blaine2111
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for all the help I was totally dumbfounded by the whole thing