acer travelmate p214 series whirring sound wondering if anyone can tell me how to fix this?

Options
lightning2910
lightning2910 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in TravelMate and Extensa

im using a acer travelmate p214 series

there is a very loud whirring sound and the laptop overheats very quickly (probably because of dust and stuff)

wondering if anyone can tell me how to fix this? i wanted to open it up but there is a warranty void if i peel off the sticker to unscrew so i am unsure of what to do

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,877 Trailblazer
    Options

If this is the P2 TMP214-41 model it is less 2-years old and may still be under Acer warranty. I recommend bringing it to Acer Services in your country to check the fan bearing and clean the system.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Yeah, it really helps if you can tell us more exactly what model you have. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like TMP214-xxx-xxxx. There have been a lot of different ones over the years, with both Intel and AMD chipsets. Likely the noise is fan related, though if it's new enough to still be under warranty then dust buildup noise is showing up early.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.