I get an error code 0xc0000185 how do you get contact information for Acer repair?

Options
tomdepouw
tomdepouw Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in Switch Series

tried the reset and that did not do anything different, how do you get contact information for Acer repair?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,788 Trailblazer
    Options

You go to the Acer site for your locale and select the Support menu. We can't even try to help without knowing what system you have. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx. All I can assume at the moment is that you have one of the many different Switch models…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • schwermerjennie1
    schwermerjennie1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I just want to know how I can get around all this and still use my computer

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,617 Trailblazer
    Options

This typically happens in Windows10 when the bootloader is missing. Bring the laptop to Acer Services in your country, on anther PC open the Acer Support site for your country and click on Services and Repair, you will see a list of Acer accredited PC repair shops, contact the one near where you live. To reset a system to factory default is not expensive ($25 in the Philippines).