Nitro 5 Laptop gets sluggish suddenly my CPU and GPU got overheated very quickly.

Options
thomaslow
thomaslow Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in Nitro Gaming

model: Nitro 5 12500GHZ

2months earlier I faced sluggish experience when running video editing software such as davinci resolve, and it always crashes and freezes. For Instance, my CPU and GPU got overheated very quickly.

After I installed the NVIDIA studio driver, everything ran perfectly fine. Except when rendering video clips it will become overheat and noisy, but it is better than before
recently I've installed the NVIDIA broadcast, because it is not in the latest version, so I deleted the current version and download the latest version, but 2 days later , I feel like I don't use it anyways so I uninstalled it, but after that (I don't know if it's because of that), everything gets sluggish again, the crashing and freezing problem occurs again, I did not open anything task-intensive, it gets sluggish anyways. CPU and GPU gets easily overheated again too.

I have also disable the integrated graphic cards and enable again, adjust the NVIDIA control panels ( swapping between the graphic cards), freeing up storage, but everything is helpless.
What should I do to speed up my laptop?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and add issue detail]

Best Answer

• a_happy_laptop_user
    a_happy_laptop_user Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

It seems like the recent installation and uninstallation of NVIDIA Broadcast might have had an impact on your laptop's performance. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially improve the speed of your laptop:

1. Check for Background Processes:
      • Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) and check for any unnecessary background processes or applications consuming system resources. End tasks that you don't need.
    2. Update Drivers:
      • Ensure that all your drivers, including graphics drivers and chipset drivers, are up to date. Visit the official website of your laptop manufacturer and download the latest drivers for your model.
    3. Temperature Monitoring:
      • Use monitoring tools to check the temperature of your CPU and GPU. High temperatures can lead to performance issues. If temperatures are too high, consider cleaning the laptop's cooling system or using a laptop cooling pad.
    4. Power Settings:
      • Check your power settings and make sure your laptop is set to use high performance. You can adjust these settings in the Control Panel or through the Windows Power Options.
    5. Restore System:
      • If the issues started after installing/uninstalling software, consider using System Restore to revert your system to a previous state when it was functioning well. This will undo recent changes without affecting your personal files.
    6. Check for Malware:
      • Perform a full system scan for malware using a reputable antivirus program. Malware can significantly impact system performance.
    7. Disk Cleanup:
      • Run the built-in Disk Cleanup tool to free up disk space. Remove unnecessary files, temporary files, and system files that might be taking up space.
    8. Check for Windows Updates:
      • Make sure your operating system is up to date. Windows updates often include bug fixes and performance improvements.
    9. Reinstall Graphics Drivers:
      • Uninstall your graphics drivers completely and then reinstall them. Use a tool like DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to remove old drivers before installing the latest ones.
    10. Reinstall Davinci Resolve:
    • If the problem persists, consider reinstalling Davinci Resolve. Ensure that you are using the latest version compatible with your system.
    1. Hardware Diagnostics:
      • Run hardware diagnostics to check for any issues with your laptop's components. Most manufacturers provide diagnostic tools that can help identify hardware problems.

If the problem continues after trying these steps, it may be beneficial to contact the laptop manufacturer's support or seek assistance from a professional technician to diagnose and address the specific issues with your laptop.

Answers

• a_happy_laptop_user
    a_happy_laptop_user Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

It seems like the recent installation and uninstallation of NVIDIA Broadcast might have had an impact on your laptop's performance. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially improve the speed of your laptop:

1. Check for Background Processes:
      • Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) and check for any unnecessary background processes or applications consuming system resources. End tasks that you don't need.
    2. Update Drivers:
      • Ensure that all your drivers, including graphics drivers and chipset drivers, are up to date. Visit the official website of your laptop manufacturer and download the latest drivers for your model.
    3. Temperature Monitoring:
      • Use monitoring tools to check the temperature of your CPU and GPU. High temperatures can lead to performance issues. If temperatures are too high, consider cleaning the laptop's cooling system or using a laptop cooling pad.
    4. Power Settings:
      • Check your power settings and make sure your laptop is set to use high performance. You can adjust these settings in the Control Panel or through the Windows Power Options.
    5. Restore System:
      • If the issues started after installing/uninstalling software, consider using System Restore to revert your system to a previous state when it was functioning well. This will undo recent changes without affecting your personal files.
    6. Check for Malware:
      • Perform a full system scan for malware using a reputable antivirus program. Malware can significantly impact system performance.
    7. Disk Cleanup:
      • Run the built-in Disk Cleanup tool to free up disk space. Remove unnecessary files, temporary files, and system files that might be taking up space.
    8. Check for Windows Updates:
      • Make sure your operating system is up to date. Windows updates often include bug fixes and performance improvements.
    9. Reinstall Graphics Drivers:
      • Uninstall your graphics drivers completely and then reinstall them. Use a tool like DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to remove old drivers before installing the latest ones.
    10. Reinstall Davinci Resolve:
    • If the problem persists, consider reinstalling Davinci Resolve. Ensure that you are using the latest version compatible with your system.
    1. Hardware Diagnostics:
      • Run hardware diagnostics to check for any issues with your laptop's components. Most manufacturers provide diagnostic tools that can help identify hardware problems.

If the problem continues after trying these steps, it may be beneficial to contact the laptop manufacturer's support or seek assistance from a professional technician to diagnose and address the specific issues with your laptop.