How to fix the acer swift go 14 touch screen drivers to no avail.

ETheNinja44
ETheNinja44 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in Swift and Spin Series

It works sometimes then other times it doesn't. To make it work I have to fully reset the system and get lucky on if it will or will not work. If the reset doesn't fix it then i have to continue to do so until the touch screen decides to work. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the touch screen drivers to no avail.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• a_happy_laptop_user
    a_happy_laptop_user Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

If you're experiencing issues with the touch screen on your Acer Swift Go 14, and resetting the system sometimes resolves the problem temporarily, you may want to try the following steps to troubleshoot and fix the issue:

1. Update Drivers:Ensure that you have the latest touch screen drivers installed. Visit Acer's official website or use the device manager to check for driver updates.
    2. Windows Update:Make sure your operating system is up to date. Windows updates can include fixes for various hardware issues.
    3. Calibrate Touch Screen:Windows has a touch screen calibration tool that may help. To calibrate your touch screen:
      • Open the Start menu and search for "Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input."
      • Follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate your touch screen.
    4. BIOS/UEFI Update:Check if there is a BIOS/UEFI update available for your laptop on Acer's support website. Sometimes, firmware updates can address hardware issues.
    5. Hardware Check:Run a hardware diagnostic check to identify any potential hardware problems. Acer might provide a diagnostic tool, or you can use third-party tools for this purpose.
    6. System File Checker (SFC):Run the System File Checker tool to scan and repair corrupted system files.
      • Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
      • Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
    7. Check for Malware:Run a thorough antivirus and anti-malware scan to ensure that there are no malicious programs affecting your system.
    8. Check Power Settings:Sometimes, power settings can affect the touch screen. Go to Power Options and ensure that your power plan is not set to disable the touch screen to save power.
    9. Restore to a Previous State:If the issue started recently, you might consider restoring your system to a previous state using System Restore.
    10. Contact Acer Support:If none of the above solutions work, it's advisable to contact Acer support for assistance. There might be a hardware issue that requires professional attention.

Before making any significant changes, ensure that you back up important data. If you are uncomfortable performing any of these steps, seek assistance from a knowledgeable friend or a professional technician.

Answers

• a_happy_laptop_user
    a_happy_laptop_user Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

If you're experiencing issues with the touch screen on your Acer Swift Go 14, and resetting the system sometimes resolves the problem temporarily, you may want to try the following steps to troubleshoot and fix the issue:

1. Update Drivers:Ensure that you have the latest touch screen drivers installed. Visit Acer's official website or use the device manager to check for driver updates.
    2. Windows Update:Make sure your operating system is up to date. Windows updates can include fixes for various hardware issues.
    3. Calibrate Touch Screen:Windows has a touch screen calibration tool that may help. To calibrate your touch screen:
      • Open the Start menu and search for "Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input."
      • Follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate your touch screen.
    4. BIOS/UEFI Update:Check if there is a BIOS/UEFI update available for your laptop on Acer's support website. Sometimes, firmware updates can address hardware issues.
    5. Hardware Check:Run a hardware diagnostic check to identify any potential hardware problems. Acer might provide a diagnostic tool, or you can use third-party tools for this purpose.
    6. System File Checker (SFC):Run the System File Checker tool to scan and repair corrupted system files.
      • Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
      • Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
    7. Check for Malware:Run a thorough antivirus and anti-malware scan to ensure that there are no malicious programs affecting your system.
    8. Check Power Settings:Sometimes, power settings can affect the touch screen. Go to Power Options and ensure that your power plan is not set to disable the touch screen to save power.
    9. Restore to a Previous State:If the issue started recently, you might consider restoring your system to a previous state using System Restore.
    10. Contact Acer Support:If none of the above solutions work, it's advisable to contact Acer support for assistance. There might be a hardware issue that requires professional attention.

Before making any significant changes, ensure that you back up important data. If you are uncomfortable performing any of these steps, seek assistance from a knowledgeable friend or a professional technician.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,977 Trailblazer

Uninstall the HID-COMPILANT TOUCH SCREEN DRIVER in Device Manager and just reboot, Windows will reinstall it.

• ETheNinja44
    ETheNinja44 Member Posts: 3 New User

The sfc /scannow seemed to do the trick it repaired a corrupt file, I have restarted my laptop about 4 times now and all 4 times the touch screen has worked before this it would work maybe 1/4, thanks.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,507 Trailblazer

Good to know, though the root cause of the corruption would be awfully nice to know. Monitor things to make sure it's not ongoing.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jhchan
    jhchan Member Posts: 1 New User

For my Acer SwiftGo 14

I have tried steps 1,2,3,6,7,8 to no avail. Even though some unrelated system files were repaired.

It seemed to stop working completely and instantly no matter how many restarts.

I'm curious about the screen logo on F10 button which it's easy to catch. Seems to switch something related to the screen on/off but I've made sure it's on. And can find no mention of a hardware switch for touchscreen anywhere.

I find it hard to believe some hardware is physically broken. Device Manager knows a touchscreen is present