Predator XB323QK can't reconnect to PC w/o turning off and on.its connected through USB-C

Options
cheeful
cheeful Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

edited January 15 in Monitors

Hi,

PC with Windows 11 Pro

Predator XB323QK NVBMIIPRUZX connected via USB-C

The only way the monitor can be detected by the PC is to turn on the monitor after the PC is turned on. If the PC idles enough time and turn off the display, and then I wake it up, the monitor can't reconnect without being turned off and then back on.

Is there any way for the monitor to reconnect to PC w/o power recycle?

Thanks

Answers

• cheeful

Tinkerer

Options

Does anyone know if this supposes to work? If so, I can then file a warranty claim to get it repaired.

Thanks

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,387 Trailblazer
    Options

The is a chance the PC is turning the USB port off when asleep, and not handling the turn it back on part well. Does it work right if you use HDMI or DP?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • cheeful

Tinkerer

Options

The same laptop works on a Dell monitor via USB-C. So I'd think the issue is not the laptop, right?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,387 Trailblazer
    Options

Unless the Dell handles having the port turned off differently than the Acer does.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • cheeful

Tinkerer

Options

Can any owner of the same model confirm if this works?

Thanks

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,453 Trailblazer
    Options

It would help if you told us what the Acer laptop model number is? As you keep complaining about a fault but never ever mentioning the laptop model number😀. Remember that every laptop reacts differently to having an external monitor connected to its TBT USB-C or a HDMI ports.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• cheeful

Tinkerer

Options

Hi,

Surface Pro 9. It works fine with a Dell monitor via USB-C (wake-up by the mouse on the hub as well).

Thanks