acer aspire m1935 can i upgrade to i7 3770

AlenBabic
AlenBabic Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

I have acer aspire m1935 does it support i7 3770 and if it does can I use cpu cooler from m1935 ?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,445 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓

Yes, the compatible i7-3770 - 4 core and 8 threads - 3.4GHz freq to 3.9GHz turbo - L2-1MB / L3-8MB and TDP 77W as is the i7-3770K which you can overclocked as its got an unlocked multiplier and a 4.2 point more efficacy rate performance per watt, and its also a compatible cpu and will work 100% with your Aspire M1935 desktop with its Intel B75 Chipset ATX board.

Make sure if you upgrade to these i7 cpu's, that you also upgrade and run the max ram of 16GB at 4x 4GB DDR3-1600MHz into this desktops slots and use a 2.5" SATA 3 SSD drive like a Samsung 870 EVO as a boot drive, as doing all these upgrades will make this desktop just work with Win-10 and be functional for today's technology, as this is a 12 years old desktop and really getting old for any upgrades😀.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• StevenGen
    Answer ✓

NO, this desktop does not operate on 1x 16GB DD3-1600Mhz ram module and overclocked ram, use these old DDR3 ram modules that Acer lists for the Aspire M1935 desktop only or similar, as they have a Kingston ram too:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• StevenGen
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓

Yes, the compatible i7-3770 - 4 core and 8 threads - 3.4GHz freq to 3.9GHz turbo - L2-1MB / L3-8MB and TDP 77W as is the i7-3770K which you can overclocked as its got an unlocked multiplier and a 4.2 point more efficacy rate performance per watt, and its also a compatible cpu and will work 100% with your Aspire M1935 desktop with its Intel B75 Chipset ATX board.

Make sure if you upgrade to these i7 cpu's, that you also upgrade and run the max ram of 16GB at 4x 4GB DDR3-1600MHz into this desktops slots and use a 2.5" SATA 3 SSD drive like a Samsung 870 EVO as a boot drive, as doing all these upgrades will make this desktop just work with Win-10 and be functional for today's technology, as this is a 12 years old desktop and really getting old for any upgrades😀.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• AlenBabic
    AlenBabic Member Posts: 2 New User

should I get Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR3 1600MHz 

• StevenGen
    Answer ✓

NO, this desktop does not operate on 1x 16GB DD3-1600Mhz ram module and overclocked ram, use these old DDR3 ram modules that Acer lists for the Aspire M1935 desktop only or similar, as they have a Kingston ram too:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍