Acer Predator xb283k random black screen, not able to play games at max settings

Options
jschroeder017
jschroeder017 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in Predator Monitors

While I am playing certain games such as Black Ops 3, Lethal Company, and a couple other games I will get random black screens that will last around 2-3 seconds. The black screen is similar to how some games act when you tab out. It happens very randomly. Sometimes it is back to back very quickly, other times I can play 10 minutes without anything happening. For reference I run my games at max settings 4k 144hz. I have a 4090 so it can easily handle these games at these settings but for some reason the monitor acts up. Also this only happens on certain games, games such as MW3, MW2, and Fortnite. Both windows and my graphics drivers are up to date as well. I do not overclock my computer so that shouldn't be an issue either. Are there any known fixes for this issue?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Do you think there's any chance the game is changing resolutions on the fly? Any change to resolution or frequency often gives a couple of second of blank during the switch.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jschroeder017
    jschroeder017 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I have the resolution set to 3840x2160 for all the games I play. I don't believe the resolution would be changing randomly on the fly.