Why is the wireless mouse and keyboard not working on my aspire 1780 at all? Bluetooth is ON.

SNAB
SNAB Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Since opening the box both the wireless keyboard and the mouse are not working. Very strange or wireless bluetooth module faulty.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer

Have you removed the dongle from the mouse and plugged it into a USB port?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,615 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Batteries ??

• SNAB

Tinkerer

There is no external dongle on the mouse or the computer. Cannot connect to my phone either

• SNAB

Tinkerer

Haha, most obvious. Batteries have been inserted since day 1. Mouse lights up on switching on but still no connection. My phone does not connect or pair even.

• SNAB

Tinkerer

edited December 2023

The bluetooth on the 1780 is working as I managed to set up my phone on the PC. The mouse and the keyboard are not even being recognised on search devices.

• SNAB

Tinkerer

edited December 2023

Thank you billsey. Yes there was a dongle inside the mouse near where the battery is inserted. Inserted into USB and now typing on the wireless keyboard. +

Is there not an on off switch on the keyboard like there is one on the underside of the mouse.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer

Typically not on keyboards, just on the mouse. I guess they figure you'll always want the keyboard and will seldom use a mouse. 😂

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.