SFX16-61G Bios V1.56 Should I revert to the previous bios or will there be a fix in the next one?

Options
digustavo
digustavo Member Posts: 5 New User
edited January 16 in Swift and Spin Series

I recently update to this Bios in a SFX16-61G

I was hoping the silent mode remained silent for longer. The fans kick in frequently and make a noisy every time they start.

Anyways, now the Fn+F to change fan modes is broken.

Should I revert to the previous bios or will there be a fix in the next one?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and add issue detail]

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,824 Pathfinder
    Options

@digustavo

You might need to try reinstalling the quickaccess app. The first thing is to uninstall the QuickAcces Service. Then download it again from the Acer support site. This application manage different usage modes.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • digustavo
    digustavo Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

@AnhEZ28 @AnhEZ28 

Thanks for the quick reply. I uninstalled, downloaded and reinstalled. Through QuickAccess I can change modes, but when I try Fn+F it doesnt work, It shows normal model and does not change.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Sounds like they broke it with the BIOS update. They will likely either have a new version of Quick Access or a new BIOS soon to deal with it. Make sure you report the issue to Acer though, they don't monitor these forums, so might not be aware.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • coolos
    coolos Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Yes I have the same problem, this laptop is very lound even on silent mode.

• coolos
    coolos Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

In bios version 1.56 something is wrong with the power managment. In silent mode APU is using around 60w, so it's rump up very quickly to temp. limit. Im prety sure that in bios version 1.55 APU in silent mode is using around 35w.