Extra leads and connectors in my XC 1760 box, wants to know the use of leads and connectors

TheChiel
TheChiel Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

I've just set up an XC 1760. Spent quite a long time trying to find the "Set Up Guide", which doesn't appear to be a document. I found the manual easily enough. Anyway, it's working and I'm quite happy with the purchase.

However, I found in the box a plastic bag with leads and fittings photo attached )

, but with absolutely no documentation to help explain what any of them are. Can someone point me at an explanation as to what they are ?

Apologies if this is a dumb question

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,941 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi @TheChiel please wait for more answers, I'll tell you what I believe but I could be wrong...
    These are three power cables for SATA drives, two with a traditional socket and the long one with a power socket from old sources.
    The sheet metal and cover look like material for a DVD device.
    The screws could be to fix the sheet.
    I don't know what the green element could be.

All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • Alejandro_AC
    Answer ✓

I think I found it in the service manual, it seems to be a complement to the DVD assembly along with the other two pieces:

All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Answer ✓

Hi @TheChiel please wait for more answers, I'll tell you what I believe but I could be wrong...
    These are three power cables for SATA drives, two with a traditional socket and the long one with a power socket from old sources.
    The sheet metal and cover look like material for a DVD device.
    The screws could be to fix the sheet.
    I don't know what the green element could be.

All the best.

• TheChiel

Thanks Alejandro - really useful

My guess is the green plastic element is for inserting memory cards, but I could be wrong.

Most grateful for your response

Cheers The Chiel

• It could be that the green piece is that, I have searched for it through the Google images option but it does not appear, the closest thing is a support for consoles, but I don't think it is that.
    All the best.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

It is a GAME that ACER plays and waste money too.

No instructions nor list of contents

I did use the SATA cable for an add on HD but the bracket was wasted as the DVD was factory installed.

They've added a right angle sata and a power cable, I suppose if you need to add a DVD and Hard Drive.

PLUS A mystery green plastic piece.

Thanks ACER for the cables and the laugh .

• Alejandro_AC
    Answer ✓

I think I found it in the service manual, it seems to be a complement to the DVD assembly along with the other two pieces:

All the best.

• TheChiel

Thanks again Alejandro