Predator Helios Neo 16 Nvidia Display mode and Optimus display mode

Options
Jishnu_Raj_Das_360
Jishnu_Raj_Das_360 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in Predator Laptops

Help me, My laptop is Predator Helios Neo 16 I7 & 4060. So my issues are when I put my Display mode in Nvidia gpu mode only (when mux switch is enabled) my screen gets glitches like slash type or just straight screen tear type glitches, It doesn't occurs while gaming but it happens when I open chrome or just any other windows menu and stuff. The screenshots below has low battery but This happens even when my battery is full and charger is plugged in

Also when i use optimus mode the windows animations often stutters and lags. If there's any solution pls help me out 🙏

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• a_happy_laptop_user
    a_happy_laptop_user Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Predator Helios Neo laptop. Display glitches and stutters can be frustrating, but there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problems. Here are some suggestions:

For Display Glitches in Nvidia GPU Mode:

1. Update Graphics Drivers:Ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date. Visit the official NVIDIA website to download and install the latest drivers for your GPU.
    2. Adjust Nvidia Control Panel Settings:
      • Right-click on your desktop and select "NVIDIA Control Panel."
      • Under "Manage 3D Settings," choose "Program Settings."
      • Select the problematic applications (e.g., Chrome) and set the preferred graphics processor to "High-performance NVIDIA processor."
    3. Disable Hardware Acceleration in Chrome:
      • Open Chrome, go to Settings.
      • Scroll down and click on "Advanced."
      • Under the "System" section, disable "Use hardware acceleration when available."
    4. Check for Windows Updates:Make sure your operating system is up to date by installing the latest Windows updates.
    5. Adjust Power Settings:
      • Open Power Options in Control Panel.
      • Choose a power plan, click on "Change plan settings," then "Change advanced power settings."
      • Set the "NVIDIA - Power Management Mode" to "Prefer maximum performance."

For Optimus Mode Stutters:

1. Update Intel Graphics Drivers:Visit the Intel website to download and install the latest graphics drivers for your integrated GPU.
    2. Adjust Power Settings:Follow the same steps as above to adjust power settings for optimal performance.
    3. BIOS/UEFI Update:Check if there are any BIOS/UEFI updates available for your laptop on the manufacturer's website. Updating the BIOS can sometimes address hardware-related issues.
    4. Check for Background Processes:Make sure there are no unnecessary background processes consuming system resources. Use the Task Manager to identify and close any resource-intensive applications.
    5. Adjust Animation Settings:
      • Right-click on the desktop, select "Personalize."
      • Under "Related Settings," click on "Advanced system settings."
      • In the "Performance" section, click on "Settings" and choose "Adjust for best performance" or customize the settings to disable unnecessary animations.
    6. Check for Malware:Perform a thorough scan for malware using a reliable antivirus program.

If the issues persist after trying these steps, it may be beneficial to contact the laptop manufacturer's support or visit their forums to see if others with the same laptop model have experienced similar issues and found solutions. Additionally, they may provide specific driver recommendations or updates tailored for your laptop model.

• Jishnu_Raj_Das_360
    Jishnu_Raj_Das_360 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited December 2023
    Options

Actually Thank you! I am currently using nvidia display mode only. I think after i reinstalled the graphics driver with clean installation and set it to high performance mode on the control panel I didn't faced any glitch, at least not so far! but still Sometimes the windows animation just slows and stutters.

Also I checked intel's graphic driver there is one available but it has a warning on it it says

"Installing this graphics driver from Intel may overwrite customizations from your Computer Manufacturer (OEM). If a newer graphics driver is available from your computer manufacturer, we recommend you install that driver instead."

So I didn't install this driver. and my bios is the latest and i am on max powerplan now. I have very few apps running on background and there isn't any malware too.So is there any other way to fix this lag/stutters without disabling the whole animations?