Acer 215-21G BIOS locked.Unplugged CMOS + battery for 10 min, still the same

Options
samuelfasho123
samuelfasho123 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in TravelMate and Extensa

Hello, I have an Acer 215-21G laptop and has a BIOS with locked password. I don't remember putting any password, tried leaving blank, error. Windows password, error. Eight 0, error again. Unplugged CMOS + battery for 10 min, still the same. Is there any way to unlock BIOS? I wanna install Linux and Secure Boot needs to be disabled :(

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,824 Pathfinder
    Options

@samuelfasho123

It might be another person who tried to set up the bios password or something else. I recommend you contact the local Acer or bring it to them for BIOS password assistance.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • samuelfasho123
    samuelfasho123 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello, 1 year ago was the last time I entered BIOS to turn off the Secure Boot and didnt need password. Never visited service centre meanwhile this time, also here in Albania we don't have official Acer shops. I have no idea what can I do

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

Hi @samuelfasho123 issues related to the security of the equipment cannot be discussed from the community, the alternative is to contact Acer:

Please try to contact the following Acer office:

All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

You do not need to disable Secure Boot in order to install most Linux flavors. What makes you think you do? You just use the F12 boot menu to boot from the Linux install image and take it from there. Only really old versions don't have signed EFI images.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,824 Pathfinder
    Options

@samuelfasho123

Then you can bring it to other PC repair shops so that they can help you with it. Removing BIOS is not allowed to be discussed here.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!