Glance app widget error, Check the exact error using adb logcat on iconia tab 10

Options
Jopie58
Jopie58 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in Tablets

Hi there, I bought a Iconia tab 10 tablet on 18-11-'23 and was ready to enjoy my new tablet only to run within a day into an error I dont understand and can't fix. I have searched the internet for days but can't find any solution. It seems related to pixel phones, which this tablet is not, and to the Google Assistent. The error message says "Check the exact error using adb logcat, searching for GlanceAppWidget” But I have no idea how, what or where. Can someone please help me with this and fix this issue. Thanks in advance for any help.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Try contacting the developers for that app to see if they have any insight into what that error means.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jopie58
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi billsey, thank you for your reply. I haven't found any information about that app. From what I have found I understand it is part of the Google Assistant. But honestly I do not understand the information because most of what I found is for pixel phones and that makes it even more difficult and confusing for me. I am just a simple user not an tech 😉

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

So, just remove the app or ignore the error. :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jopie58
    Options

Sorry for the late response, health issues.

I would really like to remove the app but it is unclear to me if you mean the Google Assistant app or another. Because there is no Glance app or Glance widget app on my tablet. I have searched but cannot find anything with Glance in its name.

Thanks for trying to help 🙏