Iconia one 10 B3-A30 issue it won't accept my password to sign into Wi-fi

Options
Voicer
Voicer Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in Tablets

I had to do a wipe and reset. Now it won't accept my password to sign into Wi-fi and displays an Authentication problem. 'Skip' is greyed out. Settings can't be accessed without accessing this stage. Is there a way around this issue? Appreciate any suggestions.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• a_happy_laptop_user
    a_happy_laptop_user Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

It seems like you're facing an authentication problem with your Wi-Fi connection on your Acer Iconia One 10 B3-A30 tablet after performing a wipe and reset. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check Wi-Fi Password:
      • Double-check that you are entering the correct Wi-Fi password. Passwords are case-sensitive, so make sure the capitalization is correct.
    2. Toggle Wi-Fi Off and On:
      • Turn off Wi-Fi, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Sometimes, a simple toggle can help re-establish the connection.
    3. Restart the Tablet:
      • Perform a restart on your tablet. This can help in resolving minor glitches.
    4. Forget Wi-Fi Network:
      • Go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
      • Find the Wi-Fi network causing the issue and tap on it.
      • Select "Forget" to remove the network.
      • Reconnect to the Wi-Fi network and enter the password again.
    5. Reset Network Settings:
      • In Settings, go to System > Reset > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.
      • Confirm the action and try connecting to the Wi-Fi network again.
    6. Safe Mode:
      • Boot your tablet into Safe Mode to see if a third-party app is causing the issue. If the Wi-Fi works in Safe Mode, then a recently installed app may be the culprit.
    7. Factory Reset:
      • If none of the above steps work, you may need to consider a factory reset. This will erase all data on your tablet, so make sure you have a backup.
      • Go to Settings > System > Reset > Factory data reset.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, there may be a more complex problem, and you may need to contact Acer support or visit an authorized service center for further assistance.