TMB311RN-33 Where is the SSD?Need to upgrade the M.2 SSD but did not find it

Options
Phantom3D
Phantom3D Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in TravelMate and Extensa

I just bought myself a TMB311RN-33 and a 2TB m.2 drive to make it usable. (128gb stock).

But I did not find the drive under the cover? How much do I have to dissassemble to access it?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

It depends on which 311RN-33 model you have. It might be an eMMC drive embedded on the motherboard rather than a drive plugged into an M.2 slot. The 64GB versions were all eMMC, the 128GB were a mix of eMMC and SSD, the 256GB were all SSDs. The M.2 slot for a SSD should be under the cable that goes to the USB daughter card and on this model only has space for the short cards, not the full sized 2280:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

It depends on which 311RN-33 model you have. It might be an eMMC drive embedded on the motherboard rather than a drive plugged into an M.2 slot. The 64GB versions were all eMMC, the 128GB were a mix of eMMC and SSD, the 256GB were all SSDs. The M.2 slot for a SSD should be under the cable that goes to the USB daughter card and on this model only has space for the short cards, not the full sized 2280:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Phantom3D
    Options

Wow, thanks. I did not check under the cable.. I will have a look tomorrow, might have to return the disk I bought, but that is no problem since it is unopened.
    HardwareID says this: (AA at the end)

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Phantom3D
    Options

It was under the ribbon cable, thanks for great help @billsey . I am now running a 1TB drive on this work-horse :)

That is not the same as my computer @Commodore_1995#

• billsey
    Options

I'm happy to help, it should be a bunch better with the larger drive.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

This site may help: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-TravelMate-Spin-B311RN-31/182830

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)