Upgrade chassi on TC-1660 need to know what formfactor it is on it. ATX, miniatx, midatx?

johnnyericsson82
johnnyericsson82 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Hi, what formfactor is it on TC-1660, I want to buy a new chassi but need to know what formfactor it is on it. ATX, miniatx, midatx?

/Johnny

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

It's a DTX motherboard, slightly smaller than a uATX but with the same mount points. However, it has a custom 'diving board' out the front to bring the ports forward to fit the Acer case. If you use a different case you will lose access to those ports without some creative cabling.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • johnnyericsson82

Ok big thanks…so will it fit in an ATX chassi or what other standard will it fit?

/Johnny

• johnnyericsson82

more exacly, will all components fit in this chassi: Kolink Observatory Lite Mesh Tempered Glass..

modeboard and psu and fans?

My son would be really happy =)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Yes, they will fit in, but he will lose access to the front ports, since the aftermarket cases don't support the portion of the motherboard that sticks out to the front.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,445 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023

Just to assist you more, the below mainboard is the Aspire TC-1660 desktops Acer proprietary mainboard, and as you can see its not square, its got a front protruding section for its front USB ports, Audio and Mic jacks that can't be connected to the new KOLINK OBSERVATORY LITE MESH RGB case, as the KOLINK case has got wire connector front port connections, so you could have some problems if you want to connect the new case to the TC-1660 front ports.

KOLICK case front port I/O Panel installation instructions?