Acer Predator G3-710 Motherboard Main Board DB.B1411.001 doesn't have any front panel connector pins

Options
JoeVarco
JoeVarco Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in Predator Desktops

This (DB.B1411.001) is the replacement mainboard I bought, but it doesn't have any front panel connector pins, which means there's no way to turn the PC on unless I hotwire it. Is there another place to connect the power sw, rest sw??
The original is pictured with numbered identifiers - #21 is where the old connector was

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

LEDH2 should #22, #21 should be LEDH1. You need LEDH1 for the front panel power button and LED, LEDH2 is for a turbo button.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

LEDH2 should #22, #21 should be LEDH1. You need LEDH1 for the front panel power button and LED, LEDH2 is for a turbo button.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,543 Trailblazer
    Options

Does both the new and old mainboards have the SophiaB MIB15L mark as shown below and as depicted in this link. ?

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    edited November 2023
    Options

If you're a gambler as well as being handy with a pencil tip soldering tool, you might be able to scavenge them from the old board. Or follow this thread in which an Acer user claims to have gotten it working allegedly by using the pinout shown below. Any other option requires purchasing a detailed mainboard schematic from a 3rd party. Usually about $20-30.

Jack E/NJ

• JoeVarco
    JoeVarco Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I just can't believe that I purchased a replacement mainboard for this Acer Predator G3-710 and there's no connector for the power sw. I mean really? Anyway, I found some bright spark who claims he can fix it. We shall see and if so, I'll report the update… Thanks again! 👍️

• JackE
    Options

>claims he can fix it > > I'll report the update>

OK, thanks. Connector also seems to be missing from a few other vendors who post photos in their ads. Only a solder pad. Suggests that some models that use the same board might only make use of the power switch pins, nothing else.

Jack E/NJ