Acer Nitro 5 An515-43 Stuck on Acer Logo Screen and Hardware Reserve Memory is 10.1GB

Options
HarisNMeo
HarisNMeo Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hi, I have an Acer Nitro 5 An515-43 Laptop with AMD Ryzen 3550h processor and GTX 1650 Graphics Card and an 8+8 Gb Ram.

Yesterday, I started having boot issues: my laptop can not load windows, and is stuck on the boot loop on acer logo screen.

Some 4 months ago, this same issue had happened to me but after one or two weeks it automatically got fixed when my sister booted my laptop and it functioned normally. But now it has happened again. It might have something to do with the battery, Im not sure thogh. Because the last time it was working normally my laptop got fully drained of power and when the next time I turned it on after connecting to the power source it got stuck on acer logo screen.

When it happened the first time I tried reinstalling the windows from an external flash but it did not resolve the issue. After a lot of trying and testing, I managed to figure out a way to boot my windows: I had to press f2, to open BIOS, and then select "save and exit" (or save and shut down) from there and then the laptop would boot up. It's the only way I can start up my windows. I also updated my BIOS from my acer product page but the problems didn't resolve.

I also noticed from my task manager that my hardware reserve memory is abnormally high. It is 10.1 Gb and so I only have 5.9 GB usable. I tried that msconfig thing but it didn't work. These two issues of laptop not booting up normally and hardware reserved memory being abnormally high seem to happen together, when boot up is fixed the hardware reserved memory which can be checked from task manager goes back to normal 2.1 GB. Please help.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,891 Trailblazer
    Options

With 16GB RAM in Windows11 23H2 you should see this in Task Manager:

if you don't see this or RAM shows different values each time you may have bad DDR4 module(s), check if the modules are properly seated in the SODIMM slots or swap/replace a DDR4 module(s) if you have a spare set. also run Windows Memory Diagnostic (available for both W10 and W11)

• HarisNMeo
    Options

My Ram Chips are properly placed. 8+8 GBs. My laptop has the default Vega 8 graphics for CPU which take 2.1 GB of reserved RAM, intel CPUs take a lot less like for example yours do. I ran the Memory diagnostic test but unfortunately it didnt solve the issue.
    If I can somehow fix the start up, the memory will get fixed automatically.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,891 Trailblazer
    edited November 2023
    Options

Try this: Change the Power plan to Balanced and reset that plan to factory defaults in Power Plan. In "Choose what closing the lid does" disable both Hibernate and Fast Startup. Reboot to Windows, connect to the internet and open Command Prompt as Administrator, paste this and press Enter: Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth let it complete, don't abort with the Power Button, it must end with "Successful" if it hangs press the Esc key and rerun. Then type this in the Command Prompt and press Enter: SFC /scannow that will repair the system files, repeat the command till you get; "…..found no integrity violations".

• HarisNMeo
    Options

I tried what you proposed. Unfortunately, it did not solve the problem. I don't know what this mystery is about. Start up still remains stuck at acer logo (The little loop under the acer logo also gets stuck) and after i open and close bios manually then it starts up, hardware reserve memory remains high.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,824 Pathfinder
    Options

@HarisNMeo

In the BIOS menu, press F9 to reset the settings. There might be bugs that make the internal GPU take so much physical memory.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Asp1rin_Upsa
    Asp1rin_Upsa Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Have same laptop (AN515-43 ) and same problem. I've searched the entire internet, found many people with similar symptoms. I even bought new RAM, changed the SSD, reinstalled all AMD drivers and Windows five times. Nothing. I don't know what to do anymore.

• thesimpleindian
    thesimpleindian Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

It sounds like your Acer Nitro 5 laptop is having trouble booting up and gets stuck on the Acer logo screen. The issue might be related to the hardware reserve memory, which seems unusually high at 10.1GB.

In simple terms, the hardware reserve memory is a portion of your computer's memory (RAM) that is reserved for hardware devices like your graphics card or other system components. However, 10.1GB is a very large amount of memory to be reserved, which could indicate a problem with how your laptop is allocating memory resources.

To fix the issue, you may need to reset your laptop's BIOS settings to their default values or update the BIOS firmware to the latest version. You could also try removing and reseating the RAM modules to ensure they are properly connected. If the problem persists, it may be necessary to contact Acer customer support for further assistance or take your laptop to a professional technician for repair. Visit