Predator triton 300 pt31553 when I got it back the pc displayed no bootable device

Options
Musaaa
Musaaa Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in Predator Laptops

good evening, I really need your help, I have written lots of times on the forum, but until now I have not yet had the solution to my problem, in fact I had the thermal paste of my PC (pt31553)changed a week ago and my pc would no longer start so I left the pc at the repairer and I went to pick it up the next day, when I got it back the pc displayed no bootable device, so I took the pc and I went home and installed windows on another ssd that I had on the pc, when the installation finished I went to windows update to update the drivers, then to acer driver to the predator sense and other, during this download the screen made artifacts, I didn't understand anything and when it restarted it went into the automatic repair and since last week I have only been looking for solutions but none of them work, Today I used memtest86 to check the devices, but it seems that my ram, ssd, cpu and gpu are fine. I hope someone can help me, have a good evening

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

There is NO way that getting your cpu/gpu repasted will damage your M.2 SSD boot drive, there must be something wrong with that drive or the tech that repasted your laptop must have shorted or damaged the boot M.2 SSD for it to come back with NO BOOTABLE DEVICE!

First check that your SSD1 BOOT SLOT is clean, and its pins are not damaged, second, take the SSD M.2 drive out and clean its pins and reinsert the drive into its slot like below:

PT315-53 SSD1 BOOT M.2 DRIVE AND SLOT

When you installed windows 11 on the other M.2 SSD drive, did you install the PT315-53s IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver Version 18.6.1.1016.2 as you need this driver to be installed while you do a clean install of Windows 11 at the section of > Where do you want to install Windows? > Load driver and then you install this driver for the M.2 SSD in the Win-11 installation, this is a must install driver so that your laptops M.2 SSD boot drive functions 100%, that is probably why your drive is NOT recognized, and you get the "no bootable device".

Also. the reason why you are getting those screen artifacts is because you don't have the appropriate NVidia gpu drivers and the Intel graphics drivers, so update all the windows updates, and all the NVidia drivers and Intel drivers and make sure that the last bios version 1.14 is also updated for your PT315-53 laptop, as doing all this will make your laptop work 100%.

• Musaaa
    Options

Hello, actually I think that the ssd where the windows was located was shortcut, because I tried it on another pc and it was not displayed either, so I used intel rst during the installation of Windows 11 on the new disk and also I have version 1.14 of the bios, so I think there is still the drivers option, I will try to do that then, but as soon as I launch windows update the screen goes out. Once I had installed geforce experience and I had downloaded the latest drivers but despite this when windows update started the screen flashed for a moment then went out

• Musaaa
    Options

Hello, actually I think that the ssd where the windows was located was shortcut, because I tried it on another pc and it was not displayed either, so I used intel rst during the installation of Windows 11 on the new disk and also I have version 1.14 of the bios, so I think