Acer Connect M5 malfunction and restarted itself

Options
Ad01
Ad01 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in Servers & Storage

My Acer Connect M5 regularly falls into malfunction and restart itself. This way I lose the connection with my security system; This is not automatically on-line again. I have to turn off and turn on the Acer Connect manually; (So not the reset button!) Only then the security cameras will come on-line again.
How can I solve this problem? How can I approach the Acer Connect M5 from a distance (not via the local ITP link) to solve the problem?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Options

Your best bet is likely to be through Acer support since we haven't seen a lot of users for the Connect M5 here yet. Does the web interface have an option to do a restart at regular intervals like many other routers?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,808 Pathfinder
    Options

@Ad01

Try to check the firmware update. Make sure that it stays within operating temperature. Or check the log to see what has failed causing the mobile router to restart.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!