Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

Visit our Product Forums for more current content.

Iconia Tab W500 Restore from disk process problems.

nrectornrector Posts: 1Member

I am attempting a restore from disk on an Iconia tab W500. I get an error of insufficient space for temporary files. Process halts. Has anyone encountered this? What options do I have?

FAQ & Answers

• Richard72Richard72 Posts: 1Member
    Go into Windows Explorer and delete all of your documents, music, videos and other personal files. Empty the recycle bin. Uninstall all large programs that you have installed. Run disk cleanup and remove all temp files and empty the browser cache. That should open up space to enable you to restore your W500.
  • GreciaGrecia Posts: 1Member
    I have deleted the 36GB partition, recreated it and formatted. It still says there is not enough space. I called the order line and they indicate it is the correct media. No refunds. Call support (for a fee). Suggestions?
  • billseybillsey Posts: 6,415ACE Pathfinder

Are you manually setting up the partition or letting the restore/install process set it up for you? It could be a matter of the restore expecting a small partition that is not there. My W700 has three tiny partitions (100-400MB) and the main partition.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online202

brummyfan2
brummyfan2
Choudhary
Choudhary
ColonelMcSwain
ColonelMcSwain
da447m
da447m
DrAether
DrAether
EdimRgames
EdimRgames
Frank_O
Frank_O
HaPe26
HaPe26
Isimh91
Isimh91
JackE
JackE
Latsidor26
Latsidor26
LogXx
LogXx
LudwinGTZ
LudwinGTZ
Meinxxi
Meinxxi
Saifudheen
Saifudheen
sephii88
sephii88
smartinez281
smartinez281
WEX
WEX
+184 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Intel Extreme KAtowise 2019
Predator Join the forum discussions on our
Predator line of products.
Find out about the Acer ACE program.